Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Utterly and Shatteringly

Well, that was much too serious, that previous blog post down below this one. Sometimes I get all these terrible thoughts locked up inside myself, and they just keep coming in, and if I don't let a couple out I fear I might sink through the ground with the weight of them.

It's an embarrassing post, but I'm not going to delete it. I don't think I really need to. Someday none of this will be painful. Someday I'll just laugh about that stupid guy in the red shirt. No problem.

Anyway, my question is, why do things like that always have to be such a big deal? Why can't people just handle those things smoothly and not be so utterly and earth-shatteringly perturbed, like it's the end of their lives? Does everything always have to be handled with shameless drama and shouting like that, even in public? With old couples standing at a distance, staring at you curiously?

Bah, all that is old hat. I am going to move on. I am going to be a good girl! A good respectable girl that the world will be proud to contain! Molly Cyd will be my apprentice, and together we'll create the greatest Lost Girls commune ever created, and there will be absolutely no growing up involved. Absolutely no angry or pubescent or turned-on-down-south behavior allowed in this new commune.

No comments: