Monday, July 2, 2007

Molly Cyd

So, I've been talking to my kitten, Molly Cyd. She's telepathic, but most of the time I understand her just fine without hearing her mental voice. Her meows are explanitory enough.

Molly Cyd wants to go outside. She isn't allowed to, though. I signed a contract at the animal shelter, in fact, which stated that I keep her indoors for the benefit of her own well-being. M.C. doesn't like it at all. The birds are tempting her.

"You wouldn't know what to do with a bird, even if you caught one," I told her.
She looked bummed and started rubbing on the window pane. Then sat, blinked, and cocked her head at me. She wanted to know if any of my other, previous cats had ever caught a bird.
"Yes, and they tore them apart, too. You're too nice to tear apart a bird."
She bared her teeth, as though she were trying her convince me, Yes I am.

Then I told M.C. that she was too small, because there were birds out there that would eat her if she didn't take them down first, and she hopped off the window pane, defeated.

No comments: