Sunday, July 8, 2007

Buum Haa

The forth was as expected. I indulged in overly-sweetened Italian ice and gave myself a headache. It was a beautiul thing. The orchestra ripped on with the old cliche, 1812, and the firworks were pretty fantastic.

Here I sit with a can of Cherry Coke, with another empty one crumpled at my feet.

I've been writing a lot lately and I feel like my backside is going to turn into a sack of potatoes if I sit around here typing any longer... but I can't stop with this one thing that's been returning to my mind like a bad dream. I mean, the thing isn't a bad thing, it's just too much a part of what I've been concentrating on lately... kind of painful to think about and difficult to share with people... I'm terrified of showing people. Nobody's allowed to see it. Nope, not a soul. Just me and my dumb head.

I also noticed I can't write properly on paper. I always write my best in front of a keyboard, because things flow so much more quickly that way. It's like those old-fashioned typish secretary rooms where you walk in the front door and you see fifty women in 60's clothing all pecking away at lightning speed and all you can hear is that infernal clacking noise of typwriters. Yeah.

Okay, so maybe you really have no idea what the hell I'm carrying on about and you're totally confused and think I should go take a trip to a psych ward. Whatever floats your boat.

Anyway, I write better when I'm alone and I'm in a big open space without any clutter and proper resources. I've only actually written in a place like that once, but that's when it worked best. Haha. The rest of the time it's just stuck down in the basement with a headache and a pack of ginger ale, surrounded in insomnia... and badly filtered light. It's like sitting in a marshmallow down here. I hate it.

No comments: