Monday, July 2, 2007

Cyclical Breathing

I drink a lot of ginger ale. I don't know why, but I find it to be a nice substitute for most pop. I've recently gotten over the shock of the fact that it's caffeine-free - it would be ten times better if it weren't - but that's okay.

Mental note: Frank's Natural > Schweppes > Canada Dry >Big K .

Schweppes is the stuff they give you on airplanes, Big K is the stuff they sell at the Pig, Canada Dry is what you get at Target, and Frank's is only found in health food stores.
As you can see, I'm quite into the ale.

--

I just finished rereading Jane Eyre. The last time I read it, I was nine. Now that I understand it more deeply, I feel it is safe to conclude that Mr. Rochester is the sex. Except for maybe the lead singer of the Sex Pistols, because, you know. It's a law that Sid is The Sex, with capitol letters, to show that he is the reigning man. Mr. Rochester is just sort of there as a seperate entity.
In fact, Sid is so much fitting to The Sexiness, that I named half my kitten after him. But it's spelled the girly way. Molly Cyd. The Molly part just sort of seemed like it belonged in front of the Cyd part, to make it flow more evenly.
Anyway, like I was saying, Mr. Rochester is pretty triptastic. In a different way.

Today, I was listening to a music stream on my friend's website, a song called "The Singing Sea." It's from an anime show called Cowboy Bebop, which I guess I should see, but haven't. That's beside the point, and the point is this: The lyrics are messed up. Observe:

The singing sea/ The talking trees/ Are Silent in a noisy way/ The stars are bright/ But give no light/ The world spins backward everyday// A rainbow rat/ A checkered cat/ Go tail in tail around the road/ The mouse is pleased/ The moon is cheese /The sun is shining hot and cold// A golden bird/ Today I heard/ Sitting upon a siver branch/ His little song was very long/ Which made me sad and start to laugh/ My sister he/ My brother she/ But there is only me in the family/ When I grow up/ I’ll go down/ The river to the Singing Sea.

No comments: