Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Insanity Mellon

Today at around 4 pm I'm going to this new high school of mine and getting my schedule and my picture taken. "Summer Insanity" is what it's called. When the entire population of the school is there to sort out the first semester. Apparently, according to my friend Holly, it gets very hot and sweaty, and therefore I should get my picture taken first to I don't look like a greased pig in my student ID. This will be difficult to achieve, because I look like a greased pig most of the time anyway. I will try my hardest to look normal. You know. Washed. Shaved. Hair effectively fried by my new wet-dry flat iron. I will be just another nameless face of a normal high school girl and I'll out at sea for the next few years. It will be fun. I am feeling optimistic.

Maybe if I take chemistry some time I'll meet...
No, stop me there.

Physics? Not likely, although I wish it were. I am fascinated by physics despite my inability to actually do it. My uncle is a physicist. He wrote two books about Optimization - I have the signed copies in my room. Sometimes I read them to try my best to understand. The basics are rather self-explanatory but I'm afraid that I don't understand the fundamentals, or dual roof whatnot... He is a professor at Carnegie Mellon. He travels the world and sends my brother and I post cards from places like Turkey and Pakistan. He is currently living in London. I would like to visit him there.

Anyway. My biggest concern is being able to take art courses. I must have a recommendation written by my former art teacher. I love my former art teacher. She's all heart. I'm going to go back and visit her all the time.

No comments: