Friday, August 3, 2007

Cluster of Nights

My dreams grow twisted. I haven't had a dream like this one in years.

If it were about anything or anyone else, I would probably be explaining what happened in my dream. But, because it is... the way it is... I will refrain from doing anything of the sort. Just know that it was very strange. The kind of dream that haunts you, sticks with you for the rest of the day and you simply can't shake the images from yours mind.

Parts of it were terrifying, parts of it were nauseating, parts of it were actually enjoyable. Dreams are like that. My dreams usually come in a cluster of nights all in a row, and I've been having strange dreams these days. Some are related and some are not.

"It's just a dream." ... This phrase confuses me. Yes, it was a dream, but why doesn't that mean it didn't actually happen? Who says it couldn't? Why is that things confined to my mind are "not real"? I think the things in the minds of humans are very real. We see them, smell them, feel them. How are they not real? Is anything ever really "fake"...?

No comments: